Thursday, November 15, 2012

End Adultery, Preparing to be Faithful

         After reading a relationship expert’s blog, I put it together that top marriage relationship failures are sometimes linked to spouse’s personal history and experiences. Being faithfully committed involves has two major parts, preparation and practice. Everyone wants to be in a relationship but involves themselves in little or no self-preparation and hence no practice.
            Preparation takes place before the undergoing of that new marriage relationship. This means taking the time to fix yourself of the things which may bother you if your spouse had that issue. These are known as character red flags. They serve as notice to avoid a possibly failing relationship. Whatever values or expectations we have for a good spouse should reflect in how we prepare before meeting him/her. At the end of the post you will see how preparing beforehand helped me a lot. Not to prepare with extraordinarily high expectations he/she may have for you. I’m thinking more along the lines, honest, integrity, faithful, ambitious, patient. 
            I had to prepare myself mentally, physically and spiritually for my wife. Mentally I had to be trained on how to direct all my love and affection to my wife. Sense I had old connections via Facebook with some ex’s; I had to delete my page. This may sound unnecessary but this is what influenced my mind and redirected my passions to my wife. Now I have no chance to contemplate entertaining conversation with any other women of my wild history. Physically I prepared by removing myself from places and not doing certain things that didn’t suggest a smooth process into a healthy marriage life. Spiritually I prepared by involving myself in a closer relationship with God. Had I not prepared, my wife tells me today, “Eric, I probably wouldn’t have noticed you as a candidate to date nor marry”.



No comments:

Post a Comment